Dubai Silicon Oasis Free Zone (DSO) was established in 2004 by the Government of Dubai in order to create a business environment with free zone incentives in high-tech sector. It is a perfect business destination for the semiconductor, microelectronic and other high technology companies looking to establish their regional presence and research and development facilities in MENA region. DSO consists of both residential and commercial towers making it complete living and working community area with shopping centres, restaurants and leisure centres.
DSO was built on 7.2 km² area with purpose-built infrastructure to cater to the needs of high tech industries in the free zone. The infrastructure includes advanced telecommunications, tier 3 data centre with 120 high capacity racks, a fibre optic network, and a high-tech utility infrastructure with 8 power stations with a capacity of 1600 MW. DSO has a fully developed network of roads that allows quick access to Dubai’s major highways.
One of the leading high-tech companies in the region axiom telecom is set to build its new AED200 million worth hi-tech headquarters in DSO that will be an advanced campus-style facility with creative environment of leading high-tech companies such as Google and Facebook. DSO is also home to some of the largest tech forerunners on the planet such as include Philips, Fujitsu, Western Digital and many more.
Dubai Silicon Oasis offers following license categories:
- Service Licence: This allows the registered entity to carry out only specified services.
- Trade Licence: This allows the registered entity to practice activities which are related to import, export, and distribution of items and goods as specified in the licence.
- Industrial Licence: This allows the registered entity to import raw material, manufacture, and process, assemble, package and export the finished product.
Among others, DSO offers the following benefits and incentives for investors to establish operations here including:
- Direct access to MENA markets
- High quality facilities and infrastructure tailored to high tech companies
- Full foreign ownership of companies
- No currency restriction and no restriction on capital repatriation
- No corporate and no income tax
- Strategic location
- Home to many well-known international high-tech companies
The Dubai Technology Entrepreneurship Centre (DTEC) of DSO
The Dubai Technology Entrepreneurship Centre (DTEC) is a custom-built business centre for early start-ups that has been developed by DSO in order to accommodate and support young technology companies. DTEC main aim is to create highly affordable and flexible technopreneur office solutions and business licenses for technology start-ups. DTEC consists of 3600 sqm fully developed office space tailored to technology companies.
It is one of the largest centres in the region of its kind, comprising of more than 350 desk workstations and offices. DTEC provides 24-hour secure access and storage, high-speed internet Wi-Fi, comfortable meeting rooms, printer stations and state of the art office support.