Dubai Design District or more commonly known as d3, is a unique master-plan development committed to the design community including events management, interior, international design, luxury and fashion brands.
Officially opened in 2005, the district is situated beside Dubai Creek, and behind Burj Khalifa and Dubai Mall and home to hundred start-ups, entrepreneurs and fashion shops.
Dubai Design District (d3) has been developed through careful consultation with the design community to provide a creative ecosystem that surpasses the expectations of a typical creative neighbourhood. d3 forges the inspiring, authentic, and relevant ideas shaping Dubai’s future as a leading destination of design, art, and culture. It has its own beating heart, its own spirit and its own very personal style.
d3 is home to the region’s growing community of creative thinkers. It is being built as part of the Dubai Plan 2021 using the Smart City principles which offer digital connectivity to create an innovation-led economy.
As a hub of creativeness, d3 gathers innovators, creative thinkers, artists, designers and inventors not only from Middle East but also from other parts of the world. For the thousands of professionals across the region, there has been a desperate need for a real, living neighbourhood that provides space, framework and opportunities for them to enhance, thrive and interact.
Company Formation in Dubai Design District (d3)
- Service Licence: This allows the registered entity to carry out only specified services.
- Trade Licence: This allows the registered entity to practice activities which are related to import, export, and distribution of items and goods as specified in the licence.
- Industrial Licence: This allows the registered entity to import raw material, manufacture, and process, assemble, package and export the finished product.
Dubai Design District (d3) offers particular license segments as follows: Fashion, Luxury, Interior & Furniture, Design, E-commerce, Beauty Care, Arts, Events Management, Marketing and Import and Export.
- A Free Zone Limited Liability Company (FZ-LLC): FZ-LLC is a new legal entity with its own legal personality. The liability of its members (shareholders) is limited to the value of the share capital they hold in the company. An FZ-LLC can be formed by individual or corporate shareholders or combination of both. Number of shareholders can be from 1 to 50. The minimum capital requirement for incorporation depends on the business activity.
- Branch: A Branch is a branch or representative office of a legal entity which already exists (local or international). A Branch does not have a separate legal personality, and it derives its power and authority from the parent entity. A Branch must have a General Manager who is responsible for the day-to-day operation of the Branch, but it will not have a board of directors or company secretary. A Branch must retain the same name as the parent entity and end with the designation (Branch).
- Freelancer: The Freelance Permit offers the ability to operate as a freelance professional. The Permit identifies you as a sole practitioner and enables you to conduct your business in your birth name as opposed to a brand name.
- High reputation
- Effective regulatory framework
- Central and convenient location
- Full foreign ownership
- 100% repatriation of capital and profits is allowed
- No tax or duty for import and export
- Flexible commercial lease terms
- Wide range of business activities are available
- No currency restrictions
- State-of-the-art office buildings
- Special licensing for design and fashion with freelance permits for artists and designers